Valentine's royalty chosen at CNRC
Residents at Cuero Nursing and Rehabilitation Center were pampered on Valentine's Day. Five men and women were king and queen contestants for the center's Valentine's Day party. Contestants were Abelardo Cisneros, Victor Garcia, Mike Duffy, Daniel Cuellar, William Rangnow, Joyce Jarvis, Betty Moritz, Remilda Schultz, Fay Fischer and Maxine Smock. The staff drew names to select royalty. Garcia and Rangnow were both chosen king. Jarvis was announced queen and Smock was named princess.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park