Yorktown High School receives $1,000 HEB grant
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 02/19/2013 - 4:32pm
Yorktown High School has been selected to receive a $1,000 grant for the Time Travel Expo event scheduled in May.
The HEB Grant Foundation selected the Time Travel Expo based on the merits of the program and to show support to schools in Texas.
The grant will enable students and faculty to purchase costumes, supplies and materials to promote the one day event in May.
The high school student body will offer the Time Travel Expo to Yorktown Elementary School students in grades pre-k through fifth.
High school students will recreate historical figures from academic areas of study and teach, entertain and inform younger students of the importance of these figures of history.
Students will be presenting historical figures from classes in math, English, history, drama, Spanish, chemistry, biology, government and geography.
The Lions Club and Dr. Frels have donated $500 to this project.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park