Developer suggests location for new elementary schools
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 02/27/2013 - 12:36pm
Construction of new homes at The Quarry can be seen daily. Construction of new schools may also be seen at The Quarry if the Cuero ISD school board considers an offer to purchase 10 to 25 acres from developers.
Charles Medcalf of Four Points Development presented his thoughts on the possible offer at the Feb. 21 school board meeting.
“We have a tremendous opportunity to present land available in a new development, very close to the existing school site that might work well with what the school district is trying to achieve with the elementary schools,” Medcalf said.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park