2013 Livestock Show raises half a million dollars
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 5:08pm
Cuero Livestock Show left little doubt that the economy here is improving. It was a record setting auction Friday and will continue to grow this week as more contributions are made.
Show managers report the auction totalled $404,450 and with the $102,100 from the commercial heifer sale, the grand total was $506,550.
With the add-ons, additional donations to sale prices given after the auction, this year’s total will most likely top $520,000 according to show officials.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park