One contested city race develops
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 5:17pm
Election filing ended Friday for three local governing bodies. Two of the three will not have to hold elections because no contested races occurred. Early voting will begin April 29.
Four members of Cuero City Council were facing election this year. Facing election were the council’s two at-large positions and representatives for District 1 and District 4.
Bill Mattyhs and Tony Allen are the incumbents for the at-large positions on the council. Both of them filed for re-election as did former council member David Ruiz. This election will be held on May 11 to select two of those three candidates.
John Fuqua representing District 1 and Roy Johnson representing District 4 will not face election because they are unopposed for those positions.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park