Six people file for YISD trustee election
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 5:24pm
Six people have filed for Yorktown ISD school board positions for the May 11 election. Two of the three incumbents facing election did not file for re-election.
Voters will also be asked to vote to allow the district file as a Chapter 41 district to equalize its tax wealth.
Current board president Boyd Weise and trustee H.R. Krause chose not to file for re-election. Incumbent Jerry Steves filed for re-election.
Read more in this week's edition of the News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park