Wasserman receives 99-year sentence for assault of child
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 5:29pm
A DeWitt County jury convicted Charles Devon Wasserman of the offense of aggravated sexual assault of a 17-month-old child on Friday, March 2. On Monday Wasserman was sentenced to 99-years in prison.
The jury heard evidence all week beginning Tuesday, Feb. 26, and deliberated approximately four hours before returning a verdict.
Wasserman is a 26 year old resident of DeWitt County.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park