$57,000 raised for Habitat for Humanity
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 03/13/2013 - 1:58pm
Fourteen years ago Cuero lost over 600 homes to flood. From that devastation came Habitat for Humanity of DeWitt County, a group of volunteers dedicated to providing new homes to those in need.
“Hoopla for Habitat” was held last week at The Venue on Church Street as a major fund raiser for that program. Thirty-seven people volunteered as celebrity waiters for the Hoopla. The event included a dessert auction and an auction with Joe Adams. Over $57,000 was raised during the evening.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park