CHS students participate in mock wreck before spring break
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 03/13/2013 - 2:04pm
Cuero High School students witnessed first hand the devastation caused by drinking and driving at a mock accident March 7. The accident was part of Shattered Dreams, a program sponsored by the Cuero ISD, that is held at the campus every two years before spring break.
Teen automobile deaths are among the highest in the country. Shattered Dreams is planned to show high school juniors and seniors how their dreams and those of their families and others can be shattered as a result of underage drinking and driving.
Two vehicles wrecked in front of the school carried Seth Andrews, Cassidy Blackwell, Allison Flores, Macie Franke, Brandi Phillips, Billy Rodriguez, Ryan Rodriguez and Jon Tyler Wade.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park