Council asked not to rename West Broadway
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 03/13/2013 - 1:26pm
Cuero City Council was met with a standing room crowd at the regular meeting held Feb. 26.
The item on the agenda that attracted most of the crowd to the meeting was the public hearing on possible street name change for West Broadway to Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.
Citizens who asked to speak at the meeting included John Hamilton, Kay and Lee Tillman, the Rev. Arnold Taylor, Gerald Clark, Charles Trevino and Stayton Weldon.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park