DeWitt input key in Eagle Ford report
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 03/20/2013 - 5:17pm
Less than two years ago it became apparent that exploration and production of the Eagle Ford Shale will eclipse some of the best shale play discoveries in the nation.
However, this shale play came on the heals of drilling in the Barnett Shale in north Texas. That discovery resulted in some challenging issues for communities and involved parties.
Texas Railroad Commission David Porter determined the Eagle Ford Shale development would be better. He formed a 24-member task force of people from various interests and areas of expertise in the EFS.
DeWitt County Judge Daryl Fowler was a key member of that group and contributed extensively to a 113 page, eight chapter report that was released last week.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record and News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park