Texas First Lady unveils downtown rendering
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 04/03/2013 - 1:58pm
First Lady of Texas Anita Perry visited Cuero March 28 to welcome the city into the Texas Main Street Program. The Main Street Program is under the Texas Historical Commission.
Perry said Main Street has great significance in every city.
“There are so many cities these days, small towns around rural America that are losing their identities,” Perry said. “They don’t know where they came from or where their going. That’s what’s important about Main Street, it keeps you connected to your roots. It keeps you connected with your past and future.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park