Spring wildlife field day scheduled April 19
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 04/11/2013 - 1:45pm
The Texas AgriLife Extension Service of Gonzales and Guadalupe Counties and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department will be hosting a Spring Wildlife Field Day on from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Friday, April 19 at the M.O. Neasloney Wildlife Management Area
The M.O. Neasloney Wildlife Management Area is on 20700 State Highway 80 North, approximately seven miles south of Luling. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. Three TDA CEUs will be offered to pesticide applicators.
Topics to be covered at the conference will include “Managing Your Pastures for Dry Times,” “Plant Identification,” “Wildlife Habitat Management Techniques,” “Harvesting Rainwater for Wildlife” and “Feral Hog Management.”
Anyone interested in attending is asked to pre-register with the Guadalupe County Extension Office at 830-303-3889 by Wednesday, April 17 to ensure an accurate count for the meal and handouts. Registration is $15 and includes lunch and handout materials.
Individuals with disabilities should contact the office at least two days prior to the event so accommodations can be arranged.
For more information or to pre-register for the event contact the Guadalupe County Extension office at 210 E. Live Oak in Seguin, 830-303-3889.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park