Relay for Life planned Friday
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 04/17/2013 - 10:42am
The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of DeWitt County will be held on Friday, April 19 at the Cuero City Park.
This annual event is the primary funding source for DeWitt County’s fight against cancer and since 2004, DeWitt County has raised over $235,000 to fund important research and programs that directly impact the quality of life for cancer patients.
In 2007, it was estimated nearly 11.8 million people are living with cancer in the United States.
The event will feature 12 hours of live music, a silent auction and prizes.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park