Shutterbugs announce contest winners
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 04/17/2013 - 10:57am
Entries for the 2013 DeWitt County Shutterbugs Photography Contest were judged April 6. Four hundred thirty eight photographs were entered in this year’s contest.
In the animals and fauna category, Don Jeane of Victoria placed first for “Violent Tailed Sylph” and Fain Zimmerman of Victoria placed second for “Lilac-breasted Roller.” Jeane also placed third in this category for “Displaying Great Egret.” Honorable mentions included Pam Stryker of Victoria for “Swallow Tails,” Gayla Goff of Telferner for “Christmas Tree Worm,” Charles Gossett of Victoria for “Red Bird,” and Kevin Esparza of San Antonio for “Tiger Eyes.”
In the architecture category, Dan Meredith of Dallas placed first for “U Drop Inn,” Janie Veth of Cuero placed second for “Cathedral of St. John the Baptist” and Tom Savage of Saginaw placed third for “St. Nicholas Tower Chapel.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park