Shutterbugs announce contest winners
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 04/17/2013 - 10:57am
Entries for the 2013 DeWitt County Shutterbugs Photography Contest were judged April 6. Four hundred thirty eight photographs were entered in this year’s contest.
In the animals and fauna category, Don Jeane of Victoria placed first for “Violent Tailed Sylph” and Fain Zimmerman of Victoria placed second for “Lilac-breasted Roller.” Jeane also placed third in this category for “Displaying Great Egret.” Honorable mentions included Pam Stryker of Victoria for “Swallow Tails,” Gayla Goff of Telferner for “Christmas Tree Worm,” Charles Gossett of Victoria for “Red Bird,” and Kevin Esparza of San Antonio for “Tiger Eyes.”
In the architecture category, Dan Meredith of Dallas placed first for “U Drop Inn,” Janie Veth of Cuero placed second for “Cathedral of St. John the Baptist” and Tom Savage of Saginaw placed third for “St. Nicholas Tower Chapel.”
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits