Bus, pickup wreck on FM 1447 and FM 692
Submitted by crecord2010 on Fri, 04/26/2013 - 10:21am
Preliminary reports indicate about three Yoakum ISD students were not seriously injuried in a bus - pickup accident Friday morning near the intersection of FM 1447 and FM 682 in northeast DeWitt County.
The driver of a pickup had serious injuries and was transferred to a nearby hospital for treatment. The driver of the Yoakum ISD school bus sustained what was described at the scene as a minor head injury.
Yoakum ISD Supt. Tom Kelley was at the scene of the accident along with deputies from DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office and DPS Troopers to care for the students and injured adults.
It was not clear whether the pickup had lost control going off the side of the highway and back onto the roadway but it was struck by the bus on the driver’s side.
Also responding to the scene were first responders from Cuero EMS and Cuero Fire Department.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park