Woman dies after one-vehicle wreck on US 183
Submitted by crecord2010 on Mon, 04/29/2013 - 3:40pm
A one-vehicle wreck early Monday resulted in the death of a Cuero woman.
DPS Trooper Gerald Bryant reported the wreck occurred at about 3:30 a.m. when Nikole Rhoades, 20, was southbound on U.S. 183 and her 2008 Pontiac Grand Am left the roadway hitting a tree.
The wreck occurred two miles north of FM 237 in DeWitt County. Her vehicle crossed the center stripe and continued off the roadway striking the tree.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at about 5:30 a.m. by Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 Bill Robinson.
The cause of the wreck remains under investigation.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park