Woman dies after one-vehicle wreck on US 183
Submitted by crecord2010 on Mon, 04/29/2013 - 3:40pm
A one-vehicle wreck early Monday resulted in the death of a Cuero woman.
DPS Trooper Gerald Bryant reported the wreck occurred at about 3:30 a.m. when Nikole Rhoades, 20, was southbound on U.S. 183 and her 2008 Pontiac Grand Am left the roadway hitting a tree.
The wreck occurred two miles north of FM 237 in DeWitt County. Her vehicle crossed the center stripe and continued off the roadway striking the tree.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at about 5:30 a.m. by Justice of the Peace Pct. 2 Bill Robinson.
The cause of the wreck remains under investigation.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits