DMF gala raises $450,000 toward new Wellness Center
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 05/08/2013 - 1:17pm
Earlier this year DeWitt Medical Foundation launched “Dream It, Do It Phase II”. The project would raise over $1.5 million to build a new Cuero Wellness and Rejuvenation Center.
On April 27 a major part of that effort was GALA IX fund raising event. A biennial event held since 2003, this year’s was a record setting project.
Dr. Phylis Canion, project funding coordinator, reported last week GALA IX had approximately 730 in attendance and netted close to $450,000 for the new center.
Combined with the about $500,000 already raised for the new center, Dr. Canion said the foundation will probably start work sometime in June.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park