Pauken speaks at RWOY meeting
Tom Pauken spoke at the Republican Women of Yoakum meeting May 1. Pauken was active in the Goldwater for president campaign, served on President Ronald Reagan’s white house staff, served as chairman of the Texas Republican Party, and served as commissioner of the Texas Workforce Commission. RWOY meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Yoakum Community Center at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is served. Men are welcome to attend. For more info, call 361-594-4258.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park