DeWitt unemployment drops
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/21/2013 - 5:54pm
AUSTIN — Texas’ seasonally adjusted total nonfarm employment expanded by 33,100 jobs in April. Texas added 326,100 jobs from April 2012 to April 2013. The state’s annual growth rate in April stood at 3.0 percent, and has been above 2.5 percent since the beginning of 2012. Texas’ seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was unchanged in April at 6.4 percent. It remains well below the nation’s April unemployment rate of 7.5 percent.
In the Golden Crescent area, DeWitt County showed a .2 percent improvement from its unemployment rate the previous year. The county’s unemployment rate is 4.5 percent compared to 4.7 percent last year. These figures represent a labor force of 10,252 people with 9,786 employed and 466 unemployed.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record and News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park