NSDAR names McKinney outstanding citizen
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 4:27pm
Yorktown Bicentennial Chapter, NSDAR held their last meeting of the summer, May 16 at the Yorktown Public Library. Frank and Pam Eberly Gonzales of Smiley presented a special program about the Texas Camel Corps relating how camels came to be a part of Texas history.
This DAR chapter chooses an outstanding citizen for recognition each year. This person is one who actively cares about his/her community and strives to improve local conditions or promotes those features which make the area special. The criteria are not rigid, because the love of one's home place can take many forms.
This year's recipient is Bea Buzard McKinney, a well known member of the Yorktown community. She is an educator, an artist, a lover of history and she shares her enthusiasm with her considerable circle of friends.
Read more in this week's edition of the News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park