County considers bidding road work
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/25/2013 - 4:55pm
Road repairs and budget requests were part of Monday’s DeWitt County Commissioners Court meeting at the courthouse.
County Judge Daryl Fowler reported Gov. Rick Perry has now signed the three bills that will provide millions of dollars to oil-producing counties for road repairs in the next biennium.
Those funds will be allocated by Texas Department of Transportation on a matching basis according to a formula primarily based on oil and gas production in the counties.
With that in mind the county heard from its road engineer David Underbrink of Naismith Engineering, Inc. As the county prepares to apply for the road grants, it will need estimates from the engineers to help determine how much money will be needed.
The grant funds will not be available until after Sept. 1, the start of the state’s new fiscal year.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record and the News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park