TxDOT approves funding for bridge replacement
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/25/2013 - 4:58pm
AUSTIN — In an ongoing effort to improve safety and relieve congestion, the Texas Transportation Commission approved $739,543 for a bridge replacement in DeWitt County. Hill Country Bridge, Inc. was awarded the project that will remove and replace the existing bridge.
“As Texas roadways become increasingly crowded, we must find ways to relieve congestion without compromising safety,” said Phil Wilson, TxDOT executive director. “Keeping travelers moving safely and efficiently will continue to be an ongoing priority as Texas welcomes nearly 1,000 newcomers each day.”
“In a state as vast as Texas, it’s imperative to not only have reliable roadways connecting our rural and urban citizens, but also to be diligent in designing and maintaining them with safety in mind,” said Commissioner Fred Underwood, Texas Transportation Commission. “Keeping everyone safe on the road is our first priority. We must do everything we can to get the driving public safely to their destinations and home to their families at the end of the day.”
The project is on FM 952 at Thomas Creek. Construction is expected to begin by August and be completed by March 2014.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park