Wolf raises cattle on 850 acres
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 06/25/2013 - 12:53pm
In nearly 72 years, Wayne Wolf knows what it means to work and after all these years, he doesn’t complain.
“I have lived a good life. I am still living a good life,” said Wolf.
His father was Armin A. Wolf who died at the age of 71 in 1989. He was a cattleman and was in the commercial egg business.
“I have had chickens all my life. He gave each of the boys a house, a chicken coop, but we had to pay for them ourself. We paid for the feed and everything. He never gave us anything. I was only nine years old,” Wolf said.
“He used to give me all the sick young turkeys and I would raise them back to health. I would work so hard to get them back to health and my dad would kill five or six turkeys just to see why they were sick.”
Subscribe to the Record to read more.
Rate this article:
- Chamber hosts ribbon cutting ceremony for Hardwick and Lindsay, PLLC, Attorneys at Law
- Man saved from high waters on 12th Street this morning
- Cuero ISD classes, events to continue as scheduled this week
- Motorists traveling between Gonzales and Cuero asked to detour through Shiner, Yoakum
- No major flooding expected within city limits