STAAR test results presented to board
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 07/03/2013 - 12:02pm
Pam Longbotham, assistant superintendent of curriculum, presented an assessment report regarding the STAAR, STAAR EOC and exit TAKS tests to the Cuero school board at the June 20 meeting.
In math, 66 percent of Cuero ISD third graders scored satisfactory and 14 percent scored advanced. The state average was 69.5 percent.
Sixty one percent of fourth graders scored satisfactory and thirteen percent scored advanced. The state average was 68.3 percent.
Seventy four percent of fifth graders scored satisfactory and 19 percent scored advanced in math. The state average was 73.7 percent.
Sixty two percent of sixth graders scored satisfactory and eight percent scored advanced in math. The state average was 77.4 percent.
Seventy eight percent of seventh graders scored satisfactory and fourteen percent scored advanced in math. The state average was 71.4 percent.
Eighty five percent of eighth graders scored satisfactory and one percent scored advanced in math. The state average was 77.2 percent.
“We were not above the state average in math, but the students did show considerable improvement,” Longbotham said.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park