Yorktown ISD names YHS principal, athletic director
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 07/03/2013 - 2:01pm
During a called meeting on June 27 and after two hours of closed session, the Yorktown School District trustees and Superintendent Alan Umholtz took action to hire a high school principal, athletic director/head football coach/teacher, and three elementary teachers for the new school year.
David Lynn, of Victoria, was chosen as the new high school principal. He has 24 years experience in education. His career started in West Oso ISD as a special education teacher in 1989. In 1996 he took a part-time position as assistant principal at West Oso High School for four years before taking the position full-time in 2000. In 2001 he became assistant principal at West Oso Elementary School finishing the last six months of 2003 as interim principal.
Ty Robinson was chosen as athletic director and head football coach. He has over 15 years experience coaching high school football, 1A-5A, in Texas. Robinson, 37, and his wife, Lara, have two daughters. Claire is going into the 8th grade and Ellie into the 6th grade.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park