Carter benefit planned July 27
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 07/17/2013 - 3:53pm
Brenda Martin noticed Larry Carter’s dedication to service earlier this year when he volunteered at the Andrew Heard fundraiser at the park.
“I looked up and saw Larry working the gate,” Martin said. “It was late, nobody wants to work the gate, people want to go home, but he took it on. He was wearing his benefit T-shirt and supporting the cause 100 percent.”
“I can’t stay home. I’m a doer,” Carter said. “I see a need, so I do it.”
Martin said watching Larry volunteer made a lasting impression on her.
“It was something that stuck in my head. Here we are doing a benefit for Andrew, and the person working the gate is someone who could also truly benefit from something like this.”
The Larry Carter benefit will be held Saturday, July 27 at the city park. The benefit is being organized by several groups and individuals.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park