Carter benefit raises over $20,000
A benefit for Larry Carter was held July 27 at the city park, around at Friar Ag Center. A 5K run and softball tournament was held. There was also a silent auction, bake sale and hamburger sale. So far, funds raised at the benefit total $21,579, according to Brenda Martin, benefit coordinator. Additional funds from the silent auction and donations have yet to be totaled. A limited number of T-shirts are still for sale. Another order of T-shirts may be placed. To order T-shirts, call Martin at 361-243-6114. Donations may be sent to Trust Texas Bank, under the “Larry Carter Benefit” account. A golf tournament benefiting Carter is planned this weekend.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park