DeWitt County Historical Commission recognized by THC
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 07/30/2013 - 2:02pm
Texas Historical Commission (THC) recently recognized DeWitt County with a Distinguished Service Award for the 2012 year of service. This award was presented during a recent meeting of the commissioner's court and recognized DeWitt County Historical Commission for managing preservation programs that educate citizens and generate interest in the history and character of Texas. This award also acknowledges the commission’s efforts to preserve Texas' unique heritage by promoting stewardship of, and tourism to, our state's unique cultural and historic sites.
During the presentation, commission chairman Peggy Ledbetter reported the organization has 49 members that performed 2,951 hours of volunteer service last year.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record and News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park