City utility offices moved to new location
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/06/2013 - 1:16pm
City of Cuero completed its move to the new administration building last week ending several years of split offices.
For many years the city kept administrative offices in one building and utility and police offices in the old city hall across the street.
About a year ago, the city dedicated about $3 million from its reserves to enlarge and remodel its administrative building. That work was completed last week.
Zella said the city has not decided what it will do with the old city hall building. He said the building has serious structural problems with its foundation. However, a decision will not be made for the next three or four months.
Shown is Josephine Gardner, the first customer at the new utility office. She purchased a garage sale permit. City employee Monica Lopez is shown helping her.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park