Warwas named clerk of the year
Bonnie Warwas, chief clerk for Justice of the Peace Pct. 1 Peggy Mayer, was awarded clerk of the year by the Texas Justice Court Judge’s Association’s president Greg Magee. The annual Education and Technology Conference was held July 16-19 in Austin. This year’s conference focused on the new civil rules that take effect Aug. 31 in all justice courts.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park