Cuero council considers tax rate
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/13/2013 - 12:33pm
Although Cuero City Council has about a month before it has to adopt a budget for the new fiscal year, they did give an indication of what the proposed tax rate will be and some of the projected totals at last week’s meeting.
Assistant City Manager John Washburn presented tax rate options because the council has to hold a couple of public hearings on the rates before they can formally choose a rate.
Today the city’s tax rate is 30.168¢ per $100 valuation. The new budget year starts October 1 and council is considering a rate of 32¢.
Read more in this week's The Cuero Record
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park