Charges pending following arrest
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/20/2013 - 12:59pm
Charges were filed Monday against a 63 year old man here following an arrest Friday afternoon at a residence off FM 236.
DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the residence following a disturbance reported to dispatchers.
At the residence located in the 4200 block of FM 236, deputy Jeff Abbott was confronted by Charles Everett who was armed with a rifle.
Abbott subdued Everett and disarmed him. Both the deputy and the suspect sustained minor injuries during the arrest.
The suspect was transferred to DeTar Hospital for treatment and later returned to DeWitt County jail for detention.
Abbott was treated for cuts and bruises at Cuero Community Hospital emergency room and released.
The sheriff’s office said charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon were filed against Everett. He remains in DeWitt County Jail with bonds totalling $400,000.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park