DeWitt unemployment rate at 5.2%
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/27/2013 - 1:10pm
The unemployment rate has improved in DeWitt County from a year ago according to the State Comptroller’s office.
At the end of July the unemployment rate here was at 5.2% compared to a year ago when it was 5.6%. Those figures represent a labor force of 10,591 people with 10,036 employed and 555 unemployed.
The Texas unemployment rate was 6.5 percent for July 2013 down from 6.9 percent in July 2012.
Read more in this week's editions of the Record and News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park