German Society met Aug. 8
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/27/2013 - 4:40pm
The Lavaca/DeWitt Chapter of the Texas German Society met Aug. 8 at the Hochheim Prairie Schoolhouse. Thirty members and guests were in attendance. Before the buffet, Gladys Eckhardt offered the grace in English and in German. President Charles Soehnge led the group in the Pledge of Allegiance and then welcomed everyone and called the meeting to order. He read a thank you note from Braden Kropp for the financial gift to help in his college expenses. After the minutes were read and approved, the treasurer’s report was read and filed for audit.
The first issue of business was where to celebrate Oktoberfest on Oct. 10. Joyce Manning made the suggestion of Sengelmann Hall. The motion was made and carried. Members will coordinate carpools for transportation and each member will pay for their own meal.
Read more in theis week's issue of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park