From the Past: Yorktown Hospital study from 1984 recalled
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 08/27/2013 - 3:59pm
July 18, 1984 - At the Annual Meeting of the Yorktown Memorial Hospital(YMH), Mother Mary Mercedia, President of the Hospital and Provincial Superior of the Felician Sisters of the New Mexico Province, suggested that a good look to be taken as to the needs of the hospital, where it was going, what is has accomplished in its 33 years of existence, and can it continue in the same way in the 80’s. Because of this M.M. Mercidia advised that a Feasibility Study be done to see what direction YMH should take. The study would include an assessment of the services being rendered, evaluation of the physical facilities, and an attitude evaluation of the hospital.
Work has begun during the latter part of April, 1984 and had been conducted until the second week in June.
Read more in this week's issue of Yorktown News-View
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park