Wharton edges Cuero 23-22 in opener
Submitted by crecord2010 on Sat, 08/31/2013 - 1:22pm
Wharton vs. Cuero has become a unique contest in the last five years. A total of only eight points has separated the winners and losers in the last five games.
This year’s match-up was no different.
The Gobblers battled back from a 16-9 deficit going into the final half needing an extra point kick to tie the game with 30 seconds left in the game.
That PAT try hit the goal post giving the Tigers a 23-22 win over the Gobblers in their first contest of the season.
For more on the game see The Cuero Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park