City proposes 7 cent tax increase
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/03/2013 - 9:55am
Yorktown City Council met Thursday for a public hearing on a proposed tax rate for the coming fiscal year.
Council is considering a seven cent tax increase to help complete a street improvement project.
The rate the city is proposing is .68561¢ per $100 valuation. That compares to the current rate of .61264¢.
Yorktown is holding two public hearings on this rate because it represents the highest tax rate the city can adopt without having a roll back election.
Read more at www.YorktownNews-View.com
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park