DeWitt sets two more tax hearings
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/10/2013 - 6:03pm
It will be about two weeks before DeWitt County Commissioners Court can adopt a tax rate and budget following action taken at Monday’s meeting.
The court had scheduled the approval of budget and tax rate at Monday’s meeting but a “glitch” resulted in a delay for both.
Judge Daryl Fowler opened the session explaining a glitch had been found in the tax rate calculation that slightly changes the effective tax and roll back rate for the coming fiscal year.
“We are required to be...
To read more go to www.YorktownNews-View.com
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park