Utah resident comes to celebrate cousin Santos' 100th birthday
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/10/2013 - 3:54pm
Elida Vela de Vom Baur of Salt Lake City plans to visit her cousin Santos Sandoval this week in honor of his 100th birthday. Santos is a resident at Yorktown Nursing and Rehab. In honor of his birthday, Elida has organized a party with a cake that will be made by Sara Munoz. Lupe Garcia, a musician, will sing some of his favorite music. Following is a biography that Elida prepared.
Santos Sandoval is the first cousin of my father, D. I have known Santos all my life and I am writing this memoir to honor him and as a tribute to his life. He was born in Garfield Sept. 10, 1913 to Fernando Sandoval and Petra Ramos Sandoval.
Santos is my only living relative of his generation. Even though I moved away from Texas to Utah when I was young, I have called him weekly and I have visited him every other year.
Read more at www.YorktownNews-View.com
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park