City, CDC gauge airport needs
Submitted by crecord2010 on Thu, 09/12/2013 - 11:31am
Future plans for the Cuero Municipal Airport are still in the air. The City of Cuero and Cuero Development Corporation hope to have a greater understand of the community’s needs for an airport following a study mainly funded by the TxDOT Aviation division.
“We’re going into this pretty open-minded,” said Randall Malik, CDC executive director. “It will be interesting to see what is recommended.”
The City of Cuero and CDC received a 90/10 grant to conduct the study. Ninety percent of funds will be paid for by TxDOT aviation and the city will match 10 percent. TxDOT contracted QED Aviation to carry out the study.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park