Police raid closes DeWitt gaming businesses
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 09/17/2013 - 12:28pm
Two gaming establishments were raided Saturday in DeWitt County resulting in slot machine seizures and arrests.
According to Sheriff Jode Zavesky, complaints had been received about amusement centers paying cash for prizes in Cuero and Yorktown.
Following investigations by the sheriff’s office, warrants were issued to raid the two establishments.
Starting about 6 p.m. Saturday, deputies arrived at the Lucky Pot Amusement Center at 406 West Main in Cuero and a business located at 342 East Main in Yorktown. The business in Yorktown did not have a name.
Read more in this week's editions of the Record and News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park