City to refurbish offices
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 09/18/2013 - 2:11pm
After nine years of the city council meeting anywhere else but city hall, that is about to change. The council discussed finishing the remodel of city hall and plan to be back in their building before year’s end.
City council met Sept. 9 to discuss the possibility of selling the property of 137.96 acres owned by the City of Yorktown located on Lee Alves Road.
Currently the land is leased for cattle grazing that earns $1,310 per year.
The land will be appraised then it will be an agenda item for council to approve with the understanding that the City will retain 75 percent of the mineral rights. It will then be publicized twice in the paper. For fourteen days after the second publication the council will take sealed bids of the property for sale.
The proceeds of the sale of property will be used...
Read more at www.YorktownNews-View.com
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park