New WD leader taking it day-to-day
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 09/18/2013 - 2:32pm
There are approximately five weeks left to prepare for Yorktown Western Days. But recently appointed executive director Tammy Bitter is taking it in stride.
“The first month on the job has been stressful. Very stressful!” Bitterly said. “When I started, the festival was only nine and a half weeks away. There are some sponsorship opportunities that haven’t been filled yet. I’m trying to secure those sponsorships. The big headliners and bands had already been done, which was a big help [...] I’m doing a lot of day to day stuff. There’s a whole lot to a festival people don’t know. Our volunteers work really hard.”
Bitterly’s first day on the job was Aug. 6. She relieved Troy Alvarez, acting executive director, from the position. Alvarez was appointed acting executive director last year after...
To read more go to www.YorktownNews-View.com
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park