Blanks present day of fashion, florals Saturday
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 09/25/2013 - 5:05pm
As the weather gets cooler and fall approaches, fear not, Donna and Roberta Blank have got you covered. The mother-daughter duo will host a day of fashion and florals from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum.
Roberta Blank is a master florist and the owner of Ryan’s on Main.
“I’m going to show how you can casually arrange florals in your homes using greens from your yards or from a flower shop,” Roberta said. “I’ll explain how to keep florals fresh on a day-to-day basis. We a home looks good, you feel good.”
Donna graduated from Cuero High School. She attended the University of the Incarnate Word, where she obtained a degree in fashion merchandising. Shortly after, she moved to New York City to work. She developed her own line, Blank Suits, in 2012 with her fiance, Chris Di Censo. Blank Suits is a custom menswear line that specializes in shirts, suits, formalwear, outerwear and accessories. Blank Suits was named a Preferred Vendor for Weddings and Special Events by Scott Concierge in Manhattan.
“I’ll be showing people how they can shop locally and still get trendy outfits and not look dated,” Donna said.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park