City council adopts tax rate, budget
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 10/02/2013 - 4:32pm
City of Cuero has adopted its tax rate and budget to start a new fiscal year. The council met in special session Sept. 17 for that purpose.
Council approved a tax of 32 cents per $100 of valuation. Last year’s tax rate was 30 cents.
Cuero’s budget for the new year will see total revenues of $32.7 million. A breakdown of that amount shows that $6.8 million will come from the general fund. The general fund receives revenue from property taxes, sales tax, licenses and permits, fines and fees and transfers from other funds.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park