County budget targets roads
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 10/02/2013 - 4:41pm
DeWitt County began its new fiscal year Tuesday. On Friday commissioners court approved a new tax rate and budget for this new year.
The overall tax rate is slightly less than the previous year’s. Expenses for the new year are up reflecting the county’s plans for increased spending on roads.
The tax rate adopted is 0.46937 cents per $100 valuation. That compares to the previous rate of 0.50203 cents.
In the new tax rate the county will collect 0.44919 cents for maintenance and operation of the county and 0.02018 cents for debt retirement.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park