Progress report on YISD personnel, enrollment
Submitted by crecord2010 on Tue, 10/22/2013 - 5:20pm
The Yorktown Independent School District trustees and school superintendent had a closed session on Sept. 25 dealing with personnel and complaints against personnel. On Monday there was another closed session with a new item on the list for economic development as well as continuing reports with personnel. However, improvements are underway.
Concerns that were addressed in a form of an anonymous letter back in the Sept. 25 meeting the board has either confirmed that those issues have already been addressed or are being dealt with in a timely manner. The following is an update of the issues brought forward to the trustees that Supt. Alan Umholtz gave on Oct. 17.
Read more in this issue of Yorktown News-View.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park