Tree disease workshop Oct. 31
The newly formed City of Cuero Tree Board, along with the DeWitt County Extension Service, is sponsoring a workshop on tree disease. The workshop will take place from 9-11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 31 at the Cuero Municipal Clubhouse (Rockhouse). The workshop will focus on oak wilt and other important tree diseases. Dr. David Appel, professor of the Texas A&M Plant Pathology and Microbiology department, will lead the workshop. For more info, call the DeWitt County Extension Office at 361-275-0816.
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park