CTHM opens Nov. 23
Submitted by crecord2010 on Wed, 10/23/2013 - 10:28am
After years of fundraising, planning and acquisition of premium artifacts by a dedicated group of local and regional volunteers, the Chisholm Trail Heritage Museum will open its doors to the general public on Saturday, Nov. 23.
Visitors will get a limited look at the Colt Model 1877 revolver, serial number 73,728, once owned by notorious American outlaw, John Wesley Hardin (1853-1895). Hardin purchased the gun from an El Paso merchant. The revolver will be on loan from the Kurt House Collection.
Read more in this week's edition of the Record.
Rate this article:
- Carl Krug chosen as lone finalist in supt. search
- Edwards chosen new YES principal
- New truancy law scaled down from Class C misdemeanor to civil punishment
- Avis Winifred to hold book signing on Aug. 26 at the Cuero Public Library from 9 a.m. to noon
- Back to school event set in memory of Cuero woman on Aug. 8 at the Cuero Municipal Park